Severe Weather Awareness Art Contest - January 1 - 31, 2020
in partnership with Osceola County Emergency Management
Draw, paint, or digitally create an original piece of art about the kinds of severe weather that may affect Florida to promote Severe Weather Awareness Week!
How to Enter
Open to students in 4th and 5th grade.
- Illustrate the actions you would take to prepare in one of these severe weather categories:
- Marine Hazards and Rip Currents
- Thunderstorms and Tornadoes
- Hurricanes and Flooding
- Wildfires and Temperature Extremes.
- All artwork should include a written safety message to help teach others about severe weather safety and preparedness.
- Original artwork must be no larger than 11” x 17” and be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st.
Winning the Contest
Artwork will be judged by Osceola County Emergency Management and the winner will be contacted by email.
The winner will be invited to the Board of County Commissioners meeting and awarded a weather radio. The winner will also be invited for an opportunity to visit Spectrum News 13 Weather Station to meet with Meteorologists and perform a mock forecast in front of the green screen. The winning art piece will also be featured in the Osceola County Library System March* e-newsletter!
*The March e-newsletter is tentatively scheduled to be released during the final week of February.