About the Library
Friends of the Library
Create a partnership with the Library and the Community.
The Friends are 501(c)(3) organizations, comprised of county citizens interested and concerned with promoting service and
literacy for their library and community.
Membership dues start at $5.00 yearly (January to December), with larger donations gladly accepted. Membership applications can be picked up at the library branches. Membership can be either Active or Supportive. Correspondence can be mailed to the address below for the Osceola, Poinciana and St. Cloud groups.
P.O. Box 702087
St. Cloud FL 34770-2087
The Osceola Friends serves as the umbrella organization for the local branch groups.
Reusable “green” bags are available for a nominal donation from all groups.
Board of Directors (2013-2014)
- President: Carmen Richards
- Vice President: Joan Touzin
- Secretary: Margie Wilkins
- Treasurer: Carol Ann McCarthy
- Laura Lynne Stevens
- Casey Beckles
- Suzanne Yager
- Pat Fogel (Poinciana)
- Jan Eldridge (WOFOL)
- Sally Wakeley (St. Cloud)
The Board meets monthly, the second Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. at various Library Branches. Check "room reservations" for location.
Poinciana Friends of the Library
The Poinciana Friends meet the third Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM in the Poinciana Meeting Room,
EXCEPT for January and May, when we do lunch.
Membership is open to residents of Poinciana and surrounding areas.
Since 1998 we have provided numerous gifts and/or services to the Poinciana branch.
- President/Treasurer: Carol Ann McCarthy
- Vice President: Pat Fogel
- Secretary: Margie Wilkins
- Publicity: Dot Rogge
Friends of the Veterans Memorial Library - Saint Cloud Branch
The St. Cloud Friends of the Library meet on the 3rd Thursday at 11 a.m. after the monthly book club. Our purpose is to promote literacy and reading, not only in the community, but also in the county, state, and nation. It is also to encourage gifts/memorials of funds, books, art objects, etc. to the Library. New members are always welcome.Officers
- President: Sally Wakeley
- Vice President: Barbara Shuman
- Secretary: Maureen Hanna
- Treasurer: Linda de Venuto
- Publicity: Chris Smith
West Osceola Friends of The Library
The purpose of the Friends is threefold:
- To develop programs that encourage literacy in West Osceola County and Celebration
- To develop programs to encourage our youth to participate in library programs and develop reading skills
- To foster meaningful dialog between the citizens of West Osceola County, Celebration, and the Osceola Library.
- President: Joan Touzin
- Vice President: Barb Nefer
- Secretary: MaryAnn Kinser
- Treasurer: Beth Ramos
The Officers meet quarterly. Membership is yearly. We have been able since 2004 to establish a yearly scholarship for a senior at Celebration High School showing out-standing English and literature skills with an interest in library science. We continue to support the efforts of the West Branch of Osceola County Library System. For more info on WOFOL or to find out how to become a member visit www.wofol.org.